November 9, 2008

Absolutely DELISH!!!!

Last night was date night. We went to LA to see Jim Gaffigan (the comedian) for my birthday. We stumbled upon a restaurant by accident and I'm so glad we did. The restaurant is called OPUS. Its at 3760 Wilshire Blvd in LA. They call their food American Freestyle. Im not sure what that means but it works. I ordered the Fillet Mignon with sauteed vegetables. OMG, it was the best dinner Ive had in a very long time. I don't know if its because Ive been on Nutrisystems for the past month that it really amplified the experience by 1000, but DBF Michael also concurred with my opinion. On Nutrisystems I am able to flex on the weekend so I can eat normal food I just have to follow the portions and diet plan, which makes staying on the diet a lot easier. The decor in the restaurant is very dark and romantic with dim lighting, a real cool waterfall in the middle, and classic soft rock in the back ground. They had great service as well. We got there before they actually opened and they seated us anyway. I would have to say that the sauteed vegtables were the best Ive ever had. I tasted a hint of garlic and maybe a dash of ginger. Whatever it was, it definitely worked. I HIGHLY recommend a trip to this fantastic resturant if you are ever in the area. Their prices are about what you would pay at any fine dining restaurant but it is worth it. The next excuse we have to go to LA, the OPUS with definitely be on the agenda!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments: